Direct tv is a crock o sheeiite
Anybody got it? Thinking about switching to Direct from Time Warner cable. TW's picture is horrendous for what I have to pay for it. Plus, these 2 crappy games being broadcast on the regional deal up here is just plain lousy. 2 channels showing Ravens/Bengals and the other Saints/Bucs....not exactly quality games.
What are your impressions of Direct? HD? And what about Sunday Ticket? Any input would be appreciated.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
Direct tv is a crock o sheeiite
GO VOLS
It doesn't get any better than being able to watch any team you want in HD. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Interactive features like being able to check all the games scores and stats is nice to have also.
Let's put it this way--I opened up a Better Business Bureau complaint on them for promising one thing and charging me for something else. I had a supervisor flat out tell me that promises made by their special claims representatives over the phone are non-binding and they can charge whatever they want for whatever they want.
If you do use them, make sure you get everything in writing. Also, up front, make sure you find out when your termination date is and make them change it from 2 years to about 6 months in case you want to bail on them quickly--that way, you won't have to pay them any more money than you would otherwise end up having to.
Loved the actual TV service, but the customer service and shady business tactics aren't worth it to me--some people can put up with it.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
TV service is good, but the customer service is [censored].
Had it for 3 years never had any problems.
Just hope you don't live somewhere where it might rain or you get a few clouds either. You'll be watching a black screen.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Love mine! Never lost service during the passing of an EF-4 tornado or tropical storm where I used to live. And my dish was set up directly under a huge tree to boot. Clear view of the Southern sky really is about all you need. Also, the Sunday Ticket is usually good. I think some of the games are still subject to blackouts, but like you said, it beats being forced to watch the Ravens/Bungles game. HD also good. Very sharp picture. I highly recommend it. IMO, customer service is still leaps and bounds above most cable companies.
Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.
I have never had any troubles at all! Love mine. Will NEVER switch back to cable.
DirecTV with 130 HD Channels......Enough said.......I would never switch back to cable either.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
Bookmarks